Thursday, October 23, 2014

Little Miss: Flu or Poisoning?


mercury poisoning,
a toxic condition caused by the ingestion or inhalation of mercury or a mercury compound. The chronic form, resulting from inhalation ofthe vapors or dust of mercurial compounds or from repeated ingestion of very small amounts, is characterized by irritability, thirst,excessive saliva, loosened teeth, gum disorders, slurred speech, tremors, and staggering. Symptoms of acute mercury poisoning  include a metallic taste in the mouth, thirst, nausea, vomiting, severe abdominal pain, bloody diarrhea,and renal failure that may result in death. Also called hydrargyrismmercurialismSee also Minamatadisease.
http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/mercury+poisoning


Little Miss has been complaining of her stomach hurting ever since Tuesday.  I didn't know if it was just a coincidence that it happened right after she was exposed to the mercury Monday night.

This morning I went in to get her up and she said right away that her tummy hurt and just laid there.  I picked her up and she was rag doll-ish. She would just fold over when I had her on my hip.  I sat down with her in the rocker and she just sprawled there and wouldn't even talk( which anyone who knows Little Miss knows how significant that is).

She mumbled milk so Sissy got her some milk.  I took Little Miss's( I have no idea if that is the right use of the apostrophe there) temp but it was normal. Kind of was hoping she was running a temp because that isn't a sign of mercury poisoning.

We silently rocked in the chair for quite sometime.

She perked up some and we went down stairs.  She played some with her blocks and was talking and then she started throwing up.

Blech.

I still haven't heard the results of her blood work Tuesday so given that she is sick today I called to check.  They said the results still hadn't come in yet but would call as soon as they did.

Pray that is just a bug going around and that she gets over it soon!  We are suppose to go to a wedding reception tonight and we are all looking forward to it so I am hoping she is fine the rest of the day.

I will update everyone on the test results for both Little Miss and Princess as soon as they come in, which is hopefully soon.

Many Blessings,
The Mama


1 comment: