Friday, November 21, 2014

Mockingjay Part 1 Movie Review



Hubby, Sissy, Bubba and I went to see the premier last night of last Hunger Games book-Mockingjay Part 1.

I thought it would be a little slow since the last book is being broke up into 2 movies.  Most of the action happens in the last half of Mockingjay.  My hunch ended up being fairly true but the movie is all laying the ground work for what's to come.  The movie reminds me of looking at a placid lake but just under the surface is a deadly current.  And that's what you feel in the movie.

The director did a pretty good job sticking to the book.  As always there were things that were left out that makes the movie seem a bit flat to me.  Some things were added. Books are always better.  Period.  But really they did a very good job sticking to the book.  Though I was upset they did not include on important thing in Katniss's requests of President Coin.

With that being said we have been singing The Hanging Tree all morning.  Can't get it out of our heads.  There is one scene that does not occur in the book but you can easily picture happening given what was going on in the districts.  It was very powerful and haunting and includes the song.  I think it was probably the most powerful part of the movie.

Sissy gave the movie 5 stars and Bubba, Hubby, and I gave it 4 to 4 1/2.

One thing that bugged  me the entire movie is that Katniss looked different. I couldn't figure out what it was but we all agreed.   I don't know if her face was just fuller or if it was her hairstyle or if she had work done.  Whatever the case, she looked really different to me.

And now we wait a full year for the next movie!  But I am glad they split it into 2 movies like Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.  That way they don't have to sacrifice too much of the details of the book to squeeze it all into 1 movie.

If you have seen it let me know what you think!  Just try to be careful not to leave any spoilers for other readers.

Many Blessings,
The Mama










No comments:

Post a Comment